Tennessee opens SEC play in 2019 with matches at Mississippi and then here vs Texas A&M.
- UT is 45-10 all-time vs Mississippi. The Lady Vols are 6-4 in the last ten meetings, and have a three match winning streak (all decided in four sets).
- UT is 8-10 all-time vs Texas A&M. The Lady Vols are 2-8 in the last ten meetings, but have a two-match winning streak over the Aggies.
- Since 1978, Tennessee is 19-22 in their first conference match.
- The Rebels are on an eight-match win streak, the longest in the SEC right now.
- Mississippi assistant coach Russ Friedland was UT’s volunteer assistant coach in 2012.
- Texas A&M has played two ranked opponents this year: a 3-2 loss to #25 Louisville and a 3-0 loss to #3 Texas.
As we enter SEC play, here’s a look at where some of the Lady Vols stand in regards to records and milestones.
- Tessa Grubbs is 15th on the UT career kills list. At her current pace she could end the season in the top ten. She stands at #4 on the career kills per set chart. She’s 139 attacks away from becoming just the 15th Lady Vol to reach 3,000. Grubbs is 6th all-time in attacks per set. She’s 20th in career hitting.
- Sedona Hansen is the first player at UT to play four years as setter since Julie Knytych (2002-2005). She is currently 8th all-time in career assists at UT. She’s 133 away from becoming just the 5th Lady Vol to reach 3,000 assists. She’s 9th all-time in career assists per set. Hansen is 16th in career digs. She’s just 32 shy of becoming the 16th member of UT’s 1,000 career digs club. If she reaches both milestones she would be just the 4th Lady Vol with 3,000 assists and 1,000 digs. She’s 12th in career digs per set. Hansen is 3rd in rally-scoring era double-doubles at UT. She’s just one away from moving into 2nd place, and 11 away from earning the top spot.
- Alyssa Andreno is currently 20th in career hitting percentage and 13th so far this year for a single season. She’s just 19 blocks away from UT’s career top 20 list, and 32 away from becoming the 20th Lady Vol to reach 300. She stands at 16th in career blocks per set.
- Madison Coulter is 7 digs away from the UT career top 30 list. She’s 295 away from becoming the 16th member of UT’s 1,000 career digs club. She’s on pace this year to reach the top 15 in school single season digs. She’s currently #10 in career digs per set and single season digs per set.
- Addisyn Rowe is currently 5th all-time in career hitting percentage. She’s 12th in career blocks per set. So far this year she’s 13th in single season hitting percentage.
- Ava Bell is hitting a phenomenal .523 for the year so far, which would smash the single season record of .416 (set in 1983) if she can keep that average going.