- UT head coach Eve Rackham is putting together her staff. Tyler Adams has been named an assistant coach for the Lady Vols. He held the same position at North Carolina for the past seven seasons along side Rackham. Whitney Miller has been named Director of Volleyball Operations.
Rackham said of the new hires: “When putting together a staff, my hope was to find people that I not only completely trust, but who share my vision and comprehend the work ethic required at this level. There is no doubt Tyler is that person. He and I have been a part of championship teams together and understand the culture needed for success. I am looking forward to getting to work with him again… Whitney is the perfect fit for our Director of Operations position. She is proactive, detail-orientated, organized and not afraid of hard work. I also appreciate the positivity she approaches every day with and believe our players will find her to be a great role model.”
- Eight Lady Vols have been named to the 2017 SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll. They are: Alyssa Andreno, Stephanie Buss, Mackenzie Cooler, Sedona Hansen, Breana Jeter, Asha Phillips, Brooke Schumacher, and Erica Treiber.
Tennessee has placed at least five players on the SEC Fall Academic Honor every year since 1996 — a number no other league school can match. The team is one of only two schools to have placed a member on the team every year since the list’s inception in 1983. UT has had 196 honorees all-time, just two shy of leading the conference.
- Congratulations to UT recruits Lily Felts and Emma Schriner who were named to the PrepVolleyball High School All-America Team! The state of Tennessee had the eighth most players on the list with five — three of whom are from Knoxville.
- Best of luck to Keyton Kinley who will be leaving Knoxville for Norman to play for Oklahoma this fall.
- Joining the five other players already announced for the 2018 recruiting class, is Giana Pellizzon who, according to her high school’s Twitter account, officially signed with the team this week. Santa Margarita High School won the California Division I State Championship last season.
- While there is no official word yet, Marshall’s Addisyn Rowe (whom VolleyMob notes no longer appears on the Thundering Herd’s roster) could be transferring to Tennessee, according to RichKern.com. Rowe led the team in blocking and was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team last season.
- Tennessee’s social media accounts celebrated National Girls & Women in Sports Day this week by posting team photos from the past. Included were the 1981, 1984, 1994, and 2017 squads.