Tennessee is back in action this weekend against SEC title contenders Missouri and Texas A&M.
- UT is 2-6 all-time vs Missouri. The Tigers have a four-match winning streak.
- UT is 6-7 all-time vs Texas A&M. The Aggies have a five-match winning streak, the last four of which were sweeps.
- Both opponents this weekend are receiving votes in the latest coaches poll. Mizzou is an unofficial #27 and TAMU is #33.
- Tennessee has only eight matches remaining this season. Half of them are against Missouri and Texas A&M.
- The Vols are one victory away from securing the 30th recorded winning season in program history, and the 16th of head coach Rob Patrick’s 20-year career.
- Tennessee has only played a third of their season at home so far this year, but they are defending their turf well with a 7-1 record at Thompson-Boling Arena.
- The Aggies have 17 players on their squad from the state of Texas.
(I run another website, on the history of presidential elections. Due to the upcoming election, updates to this site will be lighter than usual. Look for things to get back to normal here after next week — barring any election surprises.)