Tennessee has a mid-week nationally televised match at South Carolina on Wednesday night. They’ll then take on Florida in Gainesville on Sunday. These notes will focus on the first match of the week with a follow-up on Saturday for the next match.
- UT is 37-28 vs South Carolina all-time. The team is 7-3 in their last ten meetings and 6-4 in their last ten meetings in Columbia.
- SC was undefeated and #49 in last week’s PrepVolleyball Top 50, before a loss to Missouri knocked them out of the rankings.
- Tennessee is scheduled to play in 7 televised matches this season, which ties 2005 for the most UT appearances in one year. (In 2005, five of the matches were regular season games while two were NCAA Tournament matches.)
- The Vols are 25-37 in televised matches since 2001, and 1-3 in televised matches vs the Gamecocks.
- Tennessee is 15-17 in Wednesday matches since 2001, and 4-2 in Wednesday matches vs South Carolina.
- After the SC match, the Vols will have played two-thirds of their matches to-date on the road.
- Half of UT’s matches this season have been decided in three sets. The team is 5-2 in those games, 5-1 in four-set matches, and lost their only five-set match so far.
- Tennessee’s official notes are online.