- UT is 13-47-1 all-time vs Florida, 3-7 in their last ten meetings, and 2-8 in their last ten in Gainesville.
- Tennessee won three in a row in 2011 and 2012. But since then the Vols haven’t been able to win a set in their five matches vs the Gators.
- Florida has been dominant since coach Mary Wise took over the program in 1991. She’s only lost 24 regular season matches to SEC teams in her career. No conference opponent has won more matches against her than Tennessee.
- If UT gets to five sets vs Florida, history says they have at good shot a winning. UF won the first two such matches in 1986 and 1987. But Tennessee has won the last six since then.
- Tennessee has defeated the Gators thirteen times over the years, and eight of those wins were in the state of Florida: six times in Gainesville (1984, 1989, 2004 twice, 2011, 2012), and once in both Tallahassee (1978) and Pensacola (1988).
- The first time UT faced a ranked Florida team was 1991 — and the Gators have amazingly been ranked in every Tennessee game since then!
- The Vols have only defeated a top five opponent twice: #2 Penn State and #4 Florida in 2005.
- Florida coach Mary Wise and Tennessee coach Rob Patrick are the two longest serving coaches at a single SEC school in league history. This season Patrick joins Wise as the only coaches to reach the 20-year mark. (Note how carefully I worded this one! Fran Flory has coached in the SEC for 24 years but at two different schools. Laurie Corbelli has been at Texas A&M for 24 years but only 5 of them were in the SEC.)
LONGEST TIME COACHING IN SEC AT A SINGLE SCHOOL Mary Wise Florida 1991- 26 years Rob Patrick Tennessee 1997- 20 years Fran Flory LSU 1998- 19 years John Blair Mississippi 1986-2001 16 years Judy Green Alabama 1996-2010 15 years